Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Inky-Super-Duperness!!

White Rabbit & Mushroom
2008

I have something really cool to share today. About a month ago I was contacted through Etsy by a girl who had seen my White Rabbit and Mushroom print for sale (above). Her message was really sweet and she was asking my permission to have the image tattooed!! To say I was thrilled and excited and honored is a bit of an understatement. Most of my favorite artists on the planet have a page on their sites dedicated to tattoos of their artwork permanently inked into people's skin. To think that someone wanted one of my creations, with them... yep, for the rest of time, just blew me away.

Anyway, I emailed her back to let her know that I was very happy for her to use my design, with one rule... she send me a photo when it was done!

Despite my excitement, I guess at the back of my mind I thought I probably wouldn't hear from her again. People are always coming across stuff that would make a great tattoo, but most of those are rarely realized in skin, probably because too much time passes and it's forgotten about or something else comes up.

So you can imagine my UTTER DELIGHT when I read my emails this morning and found this:



WOW WOW WOW!! I love how the tattooist "traditionalized" the design a bit and added their own style - I think it's looks really cool! I can't stop looking at it, and it's seriously made my day, maybe my month! I don't know the name of the artist - but if I find out I'll let you know.

I'd like to say thanks to Aubrianne a.k.a. WickedClean, firstly for getting my artwork tattooed on you! And secondly for being so well mannered by asking first! And that's probably some pretty sound advice for anyone thinking about getting a tattoo of someone's art - yes, they'll most likely be honored, and likely to say yes, but don't assume that's how they'll feel. Go ahead and email them, ask them... if they say no, you'll have just to accept it, it's their intellectual property after all. If they say yes, GREAT - just be sure you send them a photo!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Victoria! Yeh it was so ace... I was pretty bowled over to say the least!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!