Monday, 7 September 2009

Mmmm, art cravings

I have no idea what's come over me recently, but I've started to take a keen interest in investing in other people's art work and hanging it on my walls - as if you're meant to do anything else with it.

I guess it started with winning Brandi Milne's "pair of twos" - I was elated to have in my possession lovely work by someone other than myself... errr did that sound vain? It really wasn't meant like that... oh hell, you know what I mean!

So, my recent purchases are these prints from tattoo artist RabbitAbby's Etsy shop...





















They are reproductions of her flash inspired pen and watercolours - just gorgeous. She's an amazing artist and an incredible tattooist, go check out her site and be in awe at how good she is after what is considered a pretty short time in the industry.

Oh yeh, and I wish I never joined Etsy - I want to buy everything, and I mean EVERYTHING on there!!

Next up is this exquisite and wonderfully dark, but colorfully ironic piece from Ana Bagayan entitled Prey.




It made me laugh so hard when I saw it, I thought "Hell yeh!! That's it, you go mousey!" - me and my intellectual thoughts! I guess that's the whole idea about art - whatever the viewer makes of it, right?!

Ana's site is a feast for the eyes, check out and follow her blog too, I do.

Are you an artist that has a fetish for other people's art? If so, I wanna know about it.

2 comments:

  1. I love artwork, I know that sounds weird, but it inspires work of your own! I can be a hard sell, but when I find something I love, I LOVE IT!

    Hope you're doing well and working hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right Brandi, it's inspirational just having it around!

    Not sure about working hard, I am the epitome of procrastination... plus my so called "studio" is overrun with boxes right now, not nearly enough room to move, let alone paint and create stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!