Friday, 28 August 2009

Chet Zar

Chet Zar is a beast, in the nicest possible sense of the word. I've been interested in his work for a while now, he paints what are at first, seemingly horrific creatures, that he describes as "modern humanity without it's masks, without the adornments that make us acceptable to whatever group we are a part of" - and when you know that, you look a little deeper - and it's even more terrifying! I adore his style, his palette and technique.



The Dance

I've only just realized he has his own online shop... I am sooo tempted... The Dance is probably my favorite piece of his... it would have to go somewhere well placed in my house, so as not to stumble across it during a dark night and crap my pants. Chet also has a blog, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!